We are still waiting for our Dossier to come back from the Chinese Consulate in Houston, Texas. I spoke with our consultant today and she told me that they did receive our Dossier and we have a case number. So, that is good!! She also said it usually takes between 2-3 weeks for them to authenticate the documents and send them back to the agency. We are at the 2 week mark so hopefully they will be back any day now!!
Rob and I are going to Birmingham this weekend to attend a conference with the medical group that will assist us with our referral and they will see Ansley for the first few months or maybe the first year she is with us. I am really excited about the conference. I am hoping we get some good information that will help us understand the referral process better and most importantly the medical side of international adoption. We lived in Birmingham while Rob was at Samford so we are also looking forward to eating at some of our favorite restaurants and seeing how things have changed since we left.
Until next time, keep those prayers coming!!!
Hope
3 years ago
Hey! How was the weekend? I've started noticing just how many of my friends have/are looking to adopt! I think all of you are wonderful! Love you lots!! Julz :-)
ReplyDeleteMany people adopting from China keep the child's Chinese name as their middle name. Just a thought. My two girls are adopted from China and holding onto that piece of their past is very important to them. This is particularly true for kids adopted at an older age.
ReplyDeletechengdu,
ReplyDeletewe are adopting a little girl between the ages of 0-2, but we do plan to use her chinese name, but we don't know what her name is so we are not sure how we will use it. we have been told that people do things differently. some use the chinese name and some do not. i want to use both ansley and grace so i am hoping we can incorporate her chinese name also.