Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!  We did!! Usually Christmas is my favorite time of year and I never want to see it end, but this year was different because I was ready to move into 2011, the year we will bring Ansley home.

On December 13th we received a wonderful update and 3 pictures of our little girl from Ann at Red Thread China.  For those of you adopting from China I highly recommend her for sending care packages and getting updates on your child.  She is great!!!!  So, our little girl appears to be very healthy!! At 9 months she weighs 19.8 lbs and is 27 inches long.  As far as her growth she seems to be right on target and we are praying that she is developmentally on target as well.

We got our I-800 approval on December 30th!! So, now our paperwork goes to the National Visa Center for some kind of approval.  Even though I am the one doing all of the paperwork it is confusing to me too.  We are still hoping for a March travel date.  Our agency knows we want to have her by her first birthday which is March 28th and they said they will do everything they can to make that happen, but if we are not paperwork ready they can't send us.

Also, when we got her update her cleft lip/palate had not been repaired and we are thinking at this point that it won't be before we bring her home.  So, we will have to prepare to care for her with her cleft and we will have to take her to the surgeon soon after returning home.  We are fine with this, but want to make sure that we do what is best for her and get her the medical attention she needs ASAP.  So, please pray for us as we make decisions for her medical care and continue to pray for us throughout the end of the adoption process.  We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so prayers are definitely needed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment