I cannot believe it, but I am TOTALLY finished with our Dossier!!!! My birth certificate came today from the Georgia Secretary of State. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be done with this HUGE step in the process. I will overnight it to our agency tomorrow. They will then send it to the Chinese Consulate for it to be authenticated (whatever that means). Then once we receive our approval from immigration (which looks like will be in 2-3 weeks) our Dossier will be on its way to China!!!! So, what is in a Dossier? Here is what is in ours:
Home Study Draft and supporting documents
Marriage License
Birth Certificates
Copy of the Deed to our home
Medical Statements
Employment Letters
Local Police Clearances
Financial Statement
2009 1040 Tax Form
Copies of our Passports
Letter to the Chinese Officials Asking to Adopt
Guardianship Statements
Extra Passport photos
12 Pictures of the interior of our home
All of these documents had to be notarized and State Certified with the Secretary of State's Office. Our agency also wanted 2 sets. So, we had to do 2 of all of these documents.
I will say that when we started this process I was overwhelmed and wasn't sure I was going to be able to do all of this paperwork. It is A LOT to do, but once we got started I had to take it one document at a time and it wasn't that bad at all. Being super organized really helped too!! Will keep you posted as things progress!!! Keep us in your prayers!!
My gracious!!!!!!!! Praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteKim, Jeff told me about your new blog chronicling your jouney. We're thinking about you and praying for you during this process! Stephanie
ReplyDelete