Thursday, August 19, 2010

In His Time

I just talked to our consultant and they have reviewed our Dossier and everything looks great. The only thing we are missing is Immigration approval which hopefully should come soon. Once it is all complete the Dossier will go to the Chinese Consulate for authentication and then it will be sent to China for approval. At that time we will be given a login date and can receive a referral anytime after that. Our consultant said based on where we are in the process that if all goes well our Dossier will be sent to China late September or early October. Not what I had been thinking!! She also said that after it gets to China the wait for a referral is 4-6 months. She said we may not know by the end of the year who our daughter is which was a little disappointing. But she then gave me some examples of families that are ahead of us in the process and they all received referrals within 1 month of their Dossier going to China. So, who knows? I know that different families request different kinds of special needs so that can be a factor in how long or short the wait is. All I do know is that God is in control and whenever we see our daughter for the first time and when we bring her home will all be in His time and for a reason. God has a purpose and plan for everything and I know that He is in control of this situation. Please continue to pray for us!! I have done pretty well with the waiting so far, but I can sense my patience is wearing thin. I just want her to be home with us!! Bryce talks about her all the time and we talk about her as a family and I can't wait for the day that all of this becomes a reality and I can watch my children interact with each other. I know it WILL happen and it WILL happen in His perfect time!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how smoothly everything keeps going. You were meant to have Ansley. I'm sure things are going along according to God's Will. We're still keeping your family of 4 in our prayers!! Love Julz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to the challenge of waiting to hold your daughter in your arms! But, you're right, when you hold her for the first time, you finally understand why you had to wait! I'll pray that God will give you great patience and trust in the weeks and months ahead. We can't wait to see pictures of Ansley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim!! I am so glad that you commented on our blog! I didn't know that ya'll were adopting too! So neat!! I am so excited to follow your journey to precious Ansley! I already added your blog to my adoption blogs! We would love to get together with ya'll! I remember Rob from when he and Casey painted our house. And we would love for ya'll to join our adoption fellowship group too...several families adopting from China! Will be praying for ya'll during all this waiting time! We are all going to learn a lot about patience and God's timing by the time our babies are in our arms!! :)

    ReplyDelete